Thursday, March 17, 2011

New Memory

Oh, boy! Am I really happy today! The RAM in my computer has been dying all year and we finally ordered some new sticks which arrived a few days ago. Yesterday, I cleaned out my desk and pulled the CPU up onto the dining room table. While waiting for Mom to help me I decided that I could at least clean the dust out of it, so I took the case off and vacuumed it and cleaned the fans. Then I decided that I could at least remove the old memory. Since nothing bad happened when I did that I decided to go ahead and put the new ones in myself. A little nervous, but it went smoothly and I put it back together and plugged it in and, guess what? It worked! I couldn't be happier! Also, the computer is so fast now! I can open multiple screens and hopefully it won't crash any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment