Sunday, April 18, 2010

Fabric Shopping

Yesterday we went fabric shopping out in Amish Country. We found a lot of really nice fabric (which is never hard to do). This is our favorite fabric store. They have tons of cotton prints, a bunch of flannel and some fleece. Actually, there is a line of fleecy material called "minkee". Sarah has gone absolutely nuts about minkee. Now she wants an entire quilt made out of minkee! It would be cuddly, that's for sure, but SO hot!

I have been looking for ages for fabric to make a nice blanket for the crib in my future nursery. Well, they had this gorgeous line of flannel that I fell in love with and decided that I just had to have. It is all muted colours, blues, greens, yellows, and pink. We are going to make ragtime quilt out of it, six inch squares in a crazy quilt design (can you call a "crazy" quilt a "design"?).

Well, we sure have a lot of sewing projects planned now. I am a new fan of the serger, but Mom informs me that everything can't be sewn on the serger alone. Oh, well . . . I'll post photos as soon as we sew some!

"Unto thee, O LORD, do I lift up my soul. My God, I trust in thee." - Psalm 25

No comments:

Post a Comment