Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fibre, Fibre, and more Fibre . . .

Yesterday was the annual Fibre show at the Wooster Fairgrounds. I love fibre shows. Of course, Sarah goes with the object of buying fibre for felting. I go for the enjoyment of looking . . . and feeling! Sarah ended up getting four bags of different kinds and colours of wool. I got a stack of crochet pattern books. Really, really exciting as I don't have many crochet patterns and nobody makes pattern books for crocheting with thread any more.

I saw the cutest little thing at the show, though that I have just got to try making! A knitted stuffed animal sheep! They are fantastically cute! So cuddly, and so natural looking. I just have to find the pattern and try!

This week I have been working on finishing clearing out the front room. Got rid of loads of stuff and almost everything is put back together now. Buddy came over on Wednesday and changed the strings on my guitar for me. I can't believe the difference! It sounds like an entirely new guitar! So mellow and smooth! I love it. Practiced so much that I made all my finger tips tingly. Oops. They got a break yesterday at least! The old strings were starting to get burrs and turn black. Buddy said those strings were over twenty years old and he was amazed they were still playing. These are so much nicer! It sounds so much better. I can't believe it!

She looks for wool and flax and works with her hands in delight. - Proverbs 31:13

No comments:

Post a Comment