Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Horror of Summer and The Beauty of Lupines

Today we hit the record highs. Made it to 91 degrees F here. 88 F in the house! Needless to say, I am dying. The cats are dying. Mom is dying. Sarah is even hot. And people wait all year for this season. They can have it!

I am looking forward to Winter again! Coolness, snow, birds
framed against the snow and ice, hot dinners, Christmas, early sunsets . . . everything. ( Irving Berlin said it best - "Where it's snowing, all winter through, that's where I want to be . . . )

The only nice thing is that the lupines are absolutely gorgeous! Stunning. I think I could have an entire field of lupines. I think Lupines must have been in the Garden of Eden. They truly sing the beauty of God. "Lupine" would be a great name for a pet! I can't look at them enough. I hope they continue to spread. Simply breathtaking! I think I'll go upstairs and read "Happy Winter" and "Miss Rumphius" . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment