Friday, March 16, 2012

The 3 S's - Stan Hywet, Stamp Show, and Syberia

Well, well, well . . . Time flies sometimes and I haven't written a blog entry for ages. This month we have had some fun things happen. On Saturday the 3rd, we went to the McKinley club stamp show up in Canton. We love that show and haven't been there in three years. Usually it snows or is icy that weekend and we can't make it up. Well, owing to our unusual lack of seasonal precipitation this year (in other words, no snow), we made it. For part of the afternoon, Mom and the two of us left Dad there and we went to a special event at Stan Hywet (which is closed until April). They played an hour of old home movies and had three granddaughters of the Seiberlings come and share stories about the house and their family. It was really fun. Sarah and I love it! They are going to sell the disc of movies this year in the gift shop, so Sarah and I already have plans to by it. :o) Can't wait until it opens!


My book dusting is going well, but rather slowly. We have had so many pretty, sunny days that we have been running different places. So I am a bit behind. Need to finish before the weather turns Spring. Hopefully this week I'll get some more done. I have several audiobooks to listen to, so I am all set!

A wonderful thing. We found a Church that we are going to attend. The Clarks called us and told us about a nice church they found in Danville (of all place! Does anything good come from Danville?). So we went ad it was lovely. Everything nice. So, for right now, we are going to go there. I couldn't be happier!

St. Patrick's Day is approaching (actually, I think that it is practically here!) and I worked this week on making a little leprechaun cut-out decoration. I am almost done, just have to make his face and trim for his jacket. He is looking really cute.

Sarah and I got the coolest computer game this week. One that we are actually both playing separately, but at the same time. Syberia I & II. Right now we are only halfway through Syberia I. Man, is it fun! The graphics are so well done and pretty. The voices are great, the play is fun and challenging. So we are really enjoying it. Here is a screenstill of the library in a German university. Of course, I really enjoyed the library!


Mom found out last weekend that she has low blood sugar, so we are trying to adjust our diet and times of eating (more important than that diet, really) and she got a doctors appointment for a week from Monday. Praying that it will just be a temporary stress-induced thing.

The weather today is very, very grey. Hoping that it clears, though. Day before yesterday, it was beautiful. Then we had one of the worst rain/thunder/lightening storms ever that night! Sad to say, but I think Spring is almost here. If it clears, I think we are going to go run some errands.

Mom has been working on FindAGrave still. I switched for a little while from local graves to inputting memorials for French Resistance people. Pretty fun. I think I have done eleven so far. How many French websites can I translate? ;o) Finding out where some of them are buried is a job in itself! I really like doing it, though.

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." - Matt. 18:20

No comments:

Post a Comment