Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cleveland Art and Cemeteries

Sunday, it was so hot. We decided to go to the Cleveland Museum of Art. We have been wanting to ever since we met Jennie there back in February. The traffic was awful. The museum was great fun and this time we took the camera and got photos of some of our favorite pictures. They had a cool exhibit with sketches and etchings by John Taylor Arms. Most were done between the nineteen-teens through the thirties. They were really exquisite. Works of art, every piece. All buildings. Really amazing. Here are our two favorites.



That is me standing next to a painting of Yosemite National Park by Albert Bierstadt (my newly discovered favorite painter) and Sarah ais standing next to a painting by Joshua Reynolds. The two little girls are actually distant relatives of the Eliots, the British family Sarah is studying. They also have a portrait by John Singer Sargent. I really like Sargent. Theirs' is of a lady who was an heiress to the Colt firearms fortune.

Before heading out to get something to eat, we decided to run into two Cleveland cemeteries to take photos of some Grandparents graves. First went to Riverside Cemetery and got photos of Mom's Great-Great-Great Grandparents and their daughter. Then we went to Lutheran Cemetery and got a picture of Mom's Grandparents.




We also took photos of a bunch of others. I found several little children, so I spent a long time yesterday putting them on FindAGrave. Got too hot walking around in the sun, so we decided to go find something to eat. On the way, we went and saw both of Mom's Grandparents old houses. Then we found a Chipotle and had dinner. Came home and settled down for the evening. Mom tested blood sugar on all four of us and I had an 89! That must have been a fantastic meal for me! :o)

One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple. - Psalm 27:4

No comments:

Post a Comment